My first attempt at making these nourishing little gems and so happy I did, they taste so good! Try it out and let me know how you get on.
1-cup almonds (or your choice of nuts)
2 – 3 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
2 cups water
- Pour your almonds into a bowl
- Dissolve sea salt in 2 cups of water or enough amount to cover the nuts
- Pour the sea salt solution over the nuts
- Cover and soak for about 6 – 8 hours (I just soak them overnight, it’s easier)
- Strain and rinse out in the morning
- Spread baking sheet on an oven tray and spread your nuts on it
- Set the oven to 80C, you can turn it up to no more than 120C depending on your type of oven and place the nuts in for around 3 – 4 hours
- Turn and stir them occasionally for the required drying time
- If using a dehydrator, spread over your dehydrator rack and leave in dehydrator for 12 – 24 hours
- Try the nuts to make sure they are nice and crunchy before taking them out
- Enjoy your awesome bio-available, nourishing nuts!
I will be making and spicing them up with more flavour soon, so keep a look out for that recipe!